Friday, January 31, 2014
binge watching
lately I've been under the influence of a lot of free time, and when ever this occurs i like to become a recluse and escape from the world. i tend to stay locked up in my room and watch movies or TV shows hours at a time. in the last week i have finally got my hands of the fourth season of boardwalk empire, it follows the life of a criminal king pin named Enoch "nucky" Thompson back in the 1920's when prohibition was in effect. i have taken a liking to this show because it's directed and produced by martin Scorsese, who has made films in the past such as the departed, good-fellas, casino, and taxi driver. he is renowned for his old world gangster movies and was not disappointed when he took on a prohibition series. i have been binge watching episodes which are about an hour long, I've watched around three a night for the past four days. typical when i find a new series to watch i complete it in about a week. i usually don't watch new episodes when they come out because of then build ups and cliff hangers that shows tend to have today, i like to wait until the season has completed and then view them all at once. their are very few TV shows or movies that i will watch on TV or go to the movie theater to see, boardwalk empire would qualify except that it's on HBO which i do not currently have. i am not like other people, who in their free time would prefer to socialize and hang out with friends and family member where as i stray away from such things and chose quiet and solitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why do you think you prefer alone time? Classic introvert!? I have an introverted personality too, so I can understand where you are coming from. My husband is a total extrovert and I think the hardest thing for an extrovert is to empathize with an introvert. On the other hand, while it sometimes takes a lot more effort for me to get out of the house, it is usually a huge release when I do. Do you feel that way too?
ReplyDelete